GRIPTS : A GEOSCIENCE GROUP INFORMATION PRODUCTIVITY TOOLKIT
The GRIPT is a database-driven custom web site that is generated from information entered in an MS Access relational database. The Geology GRIPT includes:
- A link to the Department web site;
- A list of departmental faculty with links to their publications in the Scopus database and an author informational page with bibliometric information such as their H-Index. The loading database of author names is based on Scopus author IDs;
- A list of key journals in the field or discipline with links to the Library’s A to Z e-journal list and link resolver for easy access to the e-journal. A search box to the A to Z list is also included;
- A full-text article locator form for retrieving the full-text of specific articles. This form retrieves the DOI and then redirects the user to the publisher presentation page for the full-text;
- Pre-constructed searches on researchers’ keywords and topics across Illinois’ federated search and recommender system. These searches can be easily changed or modified in the supporting database entries. There is also a single-entry search box to allow a user to perform their own search;
- Up to four Google News searches performed dynamically at page loading from entries stored in the database;
- A citing references search in which a user can retrieve articles/conference papers that cite a specific user-entered article (using journal name, author last name, volume, starting page, and year) from the Scopus database.
Other capabilities are being built into GRIPTS, including assistance with grant-funding agencies Data Management Plan (DMP) requirements, the capability of uploading EndNote files and inserting article DOIs, other administrative data and information, and other custom database search capabilities.